Saturday, March 8, 2008

Waiting for a Baby


If you're reading this, you already know that we're waiting for a baby boy! Just a few days to go with the end in sight - no later than 3/18 according to the OB's targeted induction date. Next Tuesday, if you're looking at our due date. William and I are creating this blog simply to keep in touch with those of you who we might not get to see as often as we like. Not a replacement for seeing you at all - with busy lives and distant family we just want to give you the option of keeping in touch!


The photo at left is from our January 20 baby shower thrown by the very generous choir at St. Mary's. Hard to believe how much my body has changed in less than 2 months!

I never thought the waiting at the end would be so hard. We've done everything we need to do - baby's room is ready, clothes are washed, we're mostly packed. car seat installed and inspected by the local fire department, now we can't wait to meet the newest Coble. For the most part, I'm still quite comfortable, just anxious to meet the little guy!

Isn't this baby's room just crying out for a baby to live in it? I can't imagine that it will ever be this tidy again, either! We still need to get some things on the walls, but other than that, it's done!





Over the last few days, the baby's gotten more active again and I think he's dropping a bit, but that may be my own wishful thinking. William spent a good half hour having a "conversation" with the baby yesterday where he would touch a spot on my belly and the baby would respond with movement. If he's that much fun in utero, we can't imagine how much fun he'll be in person!
We look forward to sharing our news as it comes!

No comments: