Sunday, April 20, 2008

Our Favorite Pictures From the Last Week

Our favorite pictures from the last few weeks are below. Next time we'll include photos of all the wonderful visitors we've had (and we look forward to more). Ben turned 1 month this week and is starting to get more interested in the world, able to focus on the mobiles we have, smiling from time to time (mostly for no clear reason - he often smiles at the wall or ceiling), looking at our faces, looking at his face in a mirror. He had his first breast-milk bottle and his first formula this week, though we are still breast feeding. He's been on several walks in his stroller and loves the motion of both that and the car as demonstrated by an instant nap.

At the pediatrician, we learned that he's up to 7 lbs. 11 oz. He's in the 20th percentile for weight, but he's in the 50th percentile for his height. I noticed last night that some of his onesies are starting to get too short on him. He also celebrated his 1-month check up by wetting himself and the table below him during his exam despite the diaper he was wearing!

I had to have a D&C this week because I'm not healing as quickly as they want me to be. The procedure seemed to have helped, so no worries. As I was feeling sorry for myself about the procedure, we learned that our friends Ellen & Dave Herman are facing a relapse of Leukemia for their 5 year old daughter, Rachel. Puts it all in perspective, most of our little troubles are nothing compared to fighting cancer with your little one for the second time. By all accounts, Rachel seems to have the biggest spirit and is the biggest fighter of them all. As Dave, Ellen, Rachel, their youngest daughter Sarah and the little one on the way work through this time, please keep them in your thoughts and prayers! They deserve good thoughts, they're some of the kindest people you'll ever meet.

It looks like Ben's playing peek-a-boo, but that's a skill he has yet to master. He's just wriggling his way out of the blanket.




Although a bit blurry, we still love this picture. The pacifier and his shoes seem so big! (thanks for the shoes Aunt Veronica and Uncle Rob -they're a big hit everywhere we go!)




It looks to me like Ben and William are having a very serious conversation and Ben had to get some phone books to sit on to look his dad more clearly in the eye...






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Sweetpea sheets for a Sweet Pea; Ben's ADORABLE!!)

I think the caption for his serious chat with Daddy should read, "Dad, I hate to break it to you, but I want to go to Yale."

Jennifer Coble said...

Ellen, That's perfect! The Sweet Pea fabric is actually a boppy, but the intent is still the same! Jen

Julieanna said...

I've been looking at these pictures repeatedly all week because he's so cute. What a peanut! I love his sweet and solemn expression, and that father-son portrait is classic.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love all the new pictures..He looks great in his shoes!!! How are the parents?? Its so cute...while we have been setting up the store Attica will randomly pick something up and say my baby cousin would look so cute in this...its to cute!!
How is he doing sleeping at night...we miss you guys and cant wait to meet Ben....
Much Luv..