Friday, May 2, 2008

Visitors!



Although the subject is visitors, I can't resist starting this post with a picture of Ben's newfound smile! His favorite subjects to smile at are William and me and then his Rainforest Safari mobile. Many smiles happen at a time, but I'm always too mesmerized to get the camera. William is smarter than me though and snapped this one today after church. Stretching is his other big move, so we're lucky to have gotten both at once!



We have been very blessed with visitors over the last 6 weeks. After the fact that we have this little bundle of joy, the best thing about being stuck in the house for me has been the visitors and all the kindness we've been shown. Thank you to all who have sent cards, made meals and stopped by for a short visit. William and I continue to be amazed by the generosity and love in our lives. For those of you who we haven't gotten to visit with, we're getting out more and hoping to pay visits of our own soon. I'm well on the road back to normal, starting to make dinner again and actually going back to my kindergarten job tomorrow morning (3.5 hours in the morning). William will be taking care of Ben in the morning while I work and then we'll switch.



Among the visitors we've had were my friend Kim and her little guy, Ian. Ian is 5.5 months old and was born almost 4 lbs. bigger than Ben. The size difference is amusing and even more amusing is there interest in each other. Of course being older, Ian is more social and curious than Ben is. As soon as we laid them down together, Ian reached out to touch Ben's head and then Ben responded by sticking his arm out. Very sweet! "Hey, there's someone around that's my size."




Grandparents have been our main visitors and they've all been more helpful than I can say. (meals, cleaning, photos, fixing our sink and electrical work among other things) Cousins and church friends have brought meals and friendly visits that have been lifesavers.


Here's Grandma Nelson with Ben a week ago.






And Nana Lietzau 2 weeks ago.





And Grandpa Lietzau...Ben's hair tends towards reddish and my dad is who it comes from. (also Ben's middle name) I think they like each other.



I'll end with one more of Ben by himself. He is one long and skinny baby! He doesn't fill out newborn clothes in width, but he sure does in length.


No comments: